Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Freezer Paper Stencil Tutorial

I didn't get around to sending out cards last Christmas due to procrastination so I promised myself I would make Valentine cards to hand out instead. I know, it's almost Valentine's Day!

I really wanted to take pictures of my boys in a kissing booth but since the little one is only six months old, I had to think of something else. After scouring Pinterest, I found the perfect solution!

I was inspired by this adorable baby. The boys had some stained white tops that were perfect for this project. I love how they turned out! I can't wait to pucker up and cover my boys in kisses!


Want to make your own freezer paper stencil? I promise you it's super quick and easy! Here's how:


Materials:
freezer paper
template
scissors
item of clothing
iron
fabric paint
piece of cardboard

1. Trace your image on the flat side of the freezer paper.
2. Cut out the inside of your image.
3. Position the freezer paper shiny side down onto your item of clothing and iron it down.
4. Stick a piece of cardboard in between so that the paint doesn't leak.
5. Paint over your stencil and wait for it to dry.
6. Peel off the freezer paper and you're done!

Since I was only going to use the shirts once, I skipped making another stencil and just wrote on it with a black Sharpie permanent marker for the lettering. I can't wait to share the photos with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment